Atlanta Ranch Conversions
Posted by Emma Weldon on July 14, 2017
#FlashBackFriday: Atlanta Ranch Conversions
Most modern homebuyers probably wouldn’t consider a ranch house their idea of a dream home. However, the humble ranch has potential! Ranch homes have a variety of characteristics that make them perfect for a whole house renovation or “fixer upper” project. In honor of #FlashBackFriday, Home ReBuilders’ design build team wanted to share some of our favorite reasons why our clients have chosen Atlanta ranch conversions:
– They’re affordable. Buying a ranch and creating a custom home can be a whole lot cheaper than purchasing a turnkey house. If you’re in the market, buying a ranch and converting it will allow you to focus on the things that really matter in your home search: location, budget, and lot size. After all, the cosmetic touches and custom features can be added later!
– They have a ton of potential. Ranch homes typically include coveted features like an attached garage and open floorplans. While many people fault ranch homes for not having enough character, it’s precisely because they are so generic that ranch homes have so much potential for a whole house renovation. What other buyers perceive to be a plain, cookie-cutter house can actually become a blank canvas for your family’s personal style! You can incorporate whatever home design you like best – from classic country cottage to modern-chic, and everything in-between!
– You can add a story. Double your square footage! Ranch homes are traditionally one story – but Home ReBuilders can help change that. Adding a second story addition to a ranch home will dramatically change its look while giving your family valuable (and perhaps needed) additional living space. Home ReBuilders will make sure that your entire home feels cohesive, and that your ranch additions will look like they were there all along!
– Or keep it single-story! Because ranch homes are typically only one floor, they’re perfect for retirees or those who have trouble with stairs. Plus, with less square footage, you can stretch your renovation budget further to focus on quality over quantity when it comes to materials and luxurious touches.
– They’re solid. Ranch homes typically feature good foundations, predictable construction, and large lots. When your home has “good bones,” it makes every aspect of the renovation process easier – and it means that you’re making a smart investment.
Home ReBuilders has helped clients complete some remarkable and dramatic ranch conversions. Will yours be next?
Ready to come home to a home you love?
Call Home ReBuilders at 404.876.3000 or email